Do you have so many items in your home that can’t find anything? Too many clothes in your closet but nothing to wear? According to the LA Times, there are 300,000 items in the average American home.
It’s time to think about clearing the clutter from your home.
Know the facts:
- 80% of what we keep, we never use.
- Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40% of housework in the average home.
- The average American burns 55 minutes a day – roughly 12 days a year – looking for things they know they own but cannot find.
- 50% of homeowners rate the garage as the most disorganized place in the house.
- We wear 20% of the clothes we own 80% of the time. The rest just hangs there, just in case.
- 80% of the clutter in most homes is a result of disorganization, not lack of space.
- The average American spends one year of their life looking for lost or misplaced items at home and in the office.
Statistics courtesy of Goodwill